The class will prepare an individual for the State Nurse Aide Competency and Evaluation Exam.
The course is 100 clock hours and includes:
Introduction to Long-Term Care, Foundations of Resident Care, Resident Rights, Body Systems, Common, Chronic and Acute Conditions, Personal Care Skills, Basic Nursing Skills, Nutrition and Hydration, Rehabilitative and Restorative Services and 40 hour of Clinical Externship. Includes CPR CERTIFICATION
- 18 years of age or, 16 years of age with parental approval
- Cannot be listed as unemployable on the Employee Misconduct Registry
- A criminal background check is required
- Current Tuberculosis test
- Proof of secondary education to the 9th grade